ZFX #2 and Beyond
Thank goodness that’s over!
This new sound is interesting! My guesses: opening a walk-in freezer door;
opening a car door; pushing garbage through the flap of a garbage bin; taking something out of the bottom tray of the vending machine after you’ve paid for it; closing a Keurig top after you put the coffee pod in; pushing mail through a mail slot; three hole puncher;
Here are the guesses for this season’s 2nd ZFX:
Tuesday Sept 20
11 – Karen: stapler
2 – Camilla: cracking an egg
5 – ?: closing a suitcase and clicking the latches
Wednesday Sept 21st
8 – Lori? hole puncher
11 – Lorraine: using a measuring tape
2 – James: dvd tray
5 – Nikki: Ziploc bag opening or closing
Thursday Sept 22nd
8 – Carole: using a foot pedal on a trash can
11 – Oswald: closing a briefcase or suitcase
2 – ?: putting in and ejecting a cassette tape
5 – Jenny: flipping through a book
Friday Sept 23rd
8 – Melissa: automatic car lock
11 – Jeff: WHY IS THERE AN EXTRA GUESS HERE?!
*** closing a car door and releasing the latch
*** clicking an automatic SLR camera
2 – ?: deadbolt locking on a door
5 – Shayla: unlocking trunk with power lock
Monday Sept 26th
8 – Judy: pushing down on the handle and opening a door
11 – Camilla: projector slide
2 – Melanie: turning off the ignition and pulling the key out
5 – ?: turning a door handle
Tuesday Sept 27th
8 – ?: the cashier taking the security tag off clothing at a store
11 – Crystal: opening a cardboard box
2 – Alexis: key going into a lock and unlocking a door
5 – Laverne: briefcase opening
Wednesday Sept 28th
8 – Nicole: putting your bank card into the ATM
11 – Melody: dialling a rotary phone
2 – Dana: inserting VHS tape into a VCR
5 – Laurie: opening clips of a briefcase
Thursday Sept 29th
8 – Donna: self-inking stamp
11 – Cookie: nail gun
2 – Lorraine: French doors on a fridge closing
5 – Cheryl: ink cartridge being ejected
Friday Sept 30th
8 – Kelly: latching a sliding glass patio door closed
11 – ?: slicing watermelon in half
Ooooh! The 5 minute Facebook Live video gave us a TON of information!!! Here are the questions and answers:
- does it have to do with food? No.
- is it a type of tool? No.
- Is it found in a home? Yes.
- Is it something for household use? No.
- Does it involve something spinning? No.
- Is it indoors? (waffling) could be, yes or no, but typically would not use it indoors
- Is it used in the kitchen? No.
- Can you eat it? No.
- Is it an everyday outside item? No.
- Is it found in a school? No.
- Is it something for a pet? No.
- Is it anything to do with something happening this weekend? No.
- Does it involve water? (waffling) Nnnno.
- Do you sit on it? No.
- Does it have to do with plants? No.
- Is it used in the back yard? Nnnno.
- Can you use it for a pet? No.
- Is it for a car? No.
- Is it used for leaves? No.
- Do you travel with it? (waffling) nnnoo? Depends in what sense.
- Have there been any close guesses? No.
- Can you hold it? (waffling) no. yes. no?
- Can it be on an office desk? No.
- Is it red? Could be.
- Do you watch it? No.
- Can you open and close it? (waffling) nnnno?
- Can you find it at Fright Nights? No.
- Is it something kids use? Yes, and adults also use it.
- Is it in the bathroom? No.
- Is it at Science World? No.
- Does it slide back and forth? No.
- Does it involve the weather? No.
- Is it bigger than a bread box? Yes.
- Does it have a wheel? No.
- Is it at a home including a garage? Not necessarily
- Is it an everyday sound? It’s common but it’s not heard every day
- Does it have a pump No.
- Is it man-made? Yes
- Do you look through it? No.
- Is it found outdoors? The sound typically happens outdoors but it could be made indoors too.
- Is it on a living room table? No.
- Do most people use it every day? No.
- Do you plant it? No.
- Can you hold it in your hand? Yes.
- Can you smell it? It doesn’t have a smell.
- Can you ride it? Yes.
- Is it used in a garden? No.
- Is it used in a garage? No.
- Do you sit on it? No.
- Is it an action? Yes.
- Do you ride ON it? Yes.
- Does it lock? No.
- Do you put clothes in it? No.
- Is it found inside the car? No.
- Was the sound made in your office? Yes.
- Is it something you use in the laundry room? No.
- Can it be carried? Yes.
- Is it smaller than a car? Yes.
- Does it have a lid? No.
- Can it move? Yes.
- Is it waterproof? Yes.
- Is it a yard tool? No.
- Will it hurt to lick it? Yes.
- Is it metal? Part of it is.
- Do you push it? No.
- Can you open and close it? Yes (even though earlier he said no!)
- Can you bounce it? No.
- Does it involve music? No.
- Is it loud? No.
- Is it liquid? No.
- Do you need two hands to use it? No.
- Do you trim it? No.
- Is it used for home improvements? No.
- Is it found in the bedroom? No.
- Does it hold liquid? No.
- Is it something you sleep on? No.
Based on these, my new guess is this: clipping your boot into a snowboard. Or is it a ski?
***Revised***: I think it’s putting on a ski boot. Actually, I don’t ski or snowboard, so YOU probably know what it is better than me…
In fact, it could be something completely different. Is it a toboggan? Or a bicycle? But they said it didn’t have wheels. How about a waterski? Or an inner tube? No metal on an inner tube or waterski…
My previous guesses stand: ski or snowboard-related! I think it’s strapping on a snowboard, hubby says it’s a ski, and I also think it could be pulling on a ski boot and closing the latch.
2 – Jim: needle on a manual turntable
5 – Kim: skateboard on a sidewalk
Monday Oct 3rd
8 – Parm: putting a quarter into a toy vending machine and the toy coming out
Okay, here’s my new guess: taking the ski boot out of the binding. Here’s a link to the sound effect online:
Sounds pretty similar to me. That will be my guess if I get through… because when I watched the video of a snowboard boot and binding, it was a ratcheting sound. Are you familiar with it??
11 – Tammy: teeter totter going up and down
2 – ?: roller blades unlatching
She obviously didn’t read the clue about it not having wheels…
5 – Zoey: turnstile
Tuesday Oct 4th
8 – Lisa: taking off your ski boot
11 – Melissa: putting your ski boot into the binding
YAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!! WOOOOOHOOOOOO MELISSAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! $13,250!!!!!!!!!!